Monday, December 12, 2011

CAS - CONFETTI CARD

Taking another look at the "You Are Loved" stamp set today, from the Summer Mini Catalgoue.  This time as a Thinking of You/Sympathy type card.  I have gone with clean and simple with this image, by using a method called "thumping".  I have inked my flower image with markers, starting with the lightest colours first, so I don't contaminate them with a dark colour.  I have then "thumped" (gently) a darker marker over portions of the image, to give it a more dimensional look.  "Huff" on the stamp to remoisten the ink, then stamp as normal.  How easy!

I have used Confetti White as my base card.  It suits the image I have used perfectly, with all the little bits of petals inlaid in the card stock.
To lift it just a bit more visually, I have added random pearls around the image and rounded the opposite corners of the base card to soften the edges.
A clean and simple card which can be created in under ten minutes!  Gotta like that.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, soothing colors! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Paula, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but very lovely! Simple can often be best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it has been so long, Paula! But ... I'm sure you understand! Love the sweet femininity of this card! Off to see what else you have been up to! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous .... love the subtle shading from the thumping, love the effect .... and I loooove the random scattering of pearls ... beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥