Thursday, December 29, 2011

BEEN & GONE!

Christmas that is!!  Over for another year - PHEW!!  But other events still happen, so I thought I would share a couple of my latest CAS creations with you.

First up - Birthday for a Guy!  I have finally got the set I have had my eye on since the catalogue came out last September - Need for Speed!  I love the "sketchy" kind of feel to these images.  The plane was made for a sponged sky background, and Ispritzed a contrail to give the impression of movement and speed.

The second is a Sympathy card, made all the more sadder (is that a word?) at this time of the year when we should all be laughing and having fun.  Again, I have used the Confetti White card stock to sponge on.  I love the textured and moody colour the sponging turns out on this less than smooth card stock.  I cut a rectangular mask out, laid it on my card stock and just picked random colours to sponge.  Removed the mask and stamped an image from the hostess set "Up in the Air".  It is a line art image, so I used my markers to colour it in and make it a silhouette.  Add a pearl and sentiment - done.

Once again, both of these cards can be created in under 10 minutes.  I can see I will be doing a lot more cards with this CAS style in the New Year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.  Wishing you all a very Prosperous 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Both are wonderful ... and both are using one of my fav techniques ... the masked panel! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥