Friday, November 18, 2011

NEVER SAY NEVER!

Hope you are all sitting down!!  I have been playing with my SEWING MACHINE!!  OMG!  I didn't think I would see the day that I would be hunched over that piece of equipment for hours at a time - but I have been!  Here's what I have been making:

Little Tissue holders for your handbag!  These are super cute and so handy to have.  Just pop a small packet of tissues inside and you are good to go.  Of course, that meant I had to get super friendly with my Iron as well.  I normally consider that piece of equipment a four letter word of the worst kind, lol.  But if you are going to go to all this effort, an iron is your best friend and so worth the chore!

Stampin' Up! have a wonderful selection of fabrics (of which my prototype is not).  But once I knew what I was doing I just had to use them!  The photo above is a  sneak peek of the fabric available in the soon to be released Summer Mini catalogue.  Aren't the colours divine?!

These two are made using the Deck the Halls designer fabric, which is available in the main IB & C.

I must say the fabrics have set me a new challenge - learn to sew properly!  It also meant I needed to know a bit more about my sewing machine than just "plug in and go!!"  Thank you Vicki, for taking the time to show me how to service my machine and that it actually needs oil!  You ROCK!!

I found a great tutorial on Pinterest that got me started on this sewing lark.  If you haven't checked out this site - you should!  So many wonderful ideas on there.  Be prepared to spend hours just looking!  I will be back soon with another project I have been working on too!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, Paula! I'm still to bust my machine out of its box, too. Perhaps this is the encouragement I need (with little boys home with chicken pox, its not like I can go anywhere!! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Paula, is that your sewing machine phobia sorted then. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! They all look fabulous Paula & I'm sure you have just inspired lots of ladies to whip out their neglected sewing machines - myself included, lol. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paula these are just gorgeous. You've inspired me to want to cut into my beautiful SU fabric. Great to see you've been getting a little crafty lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥