Saturday, October 15, 2011

THE TIME HAS COME.....

To start working on making those Christmas cards if you want the recipients to get them in time!  I always promise myself that I will get a head start every year and make them early!  Every year, October rolls around and, YIKES!!!  I haven't even begun to plan for Christmas.

With that in mind, and limited time to actually craft,  I came up with these wee cuties.  You can easily knock off a one of these simple Christmas cards in under ten minutes.    Swap colours and ribbons, add some bling, and Viola!  A cute, clean, simple Christmas card to add to your stash!

I have stamped a clear block in my chosen ink colour (to match the ribbon of choice) and stamped on Very Vanilla or Whisper White.  This creates a fast background and gives the impression of texture.  I then stamped Dasher and the sentiment in a contrasting, colour.  Add a few Basic Rhinestones to the antlers and it is done.  I coloured the Rhinetsones with a permanent marker to match the background colour also.

So there is another use for Clear Blocks Ladies!  Don't just use them for mounting your clear stamps, stamp with them too!  They come in a variety of sizes and prices, and are ergonomically designed with fingers grips on all four sides.

The best thing is that Stampin' Up! Have now added a storage case for you to store them all in one place!  It also opens out flat and has a foam core to protect your blocks and is only $35.95! 

Contact ME today to place your orders for this handy storage case and the verstatile clear bocks!

5 comments:

  1. Great design Paula. You could definitely whip up a batch of these little beauties in a flash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, Paula! Easy to replicate, but elegant at the same time. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cards, Paula. Thanks for the idea of using the clear block as a background stamp! Genius....lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and simple, but very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to borrow your design Paula. How do we do it? I've been demoing Christmas cards for the last month or so at workshops, so how come I've got so few in my stash?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥