Sunday, October 9, 2011

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

I can't believe I have been away so long from my blog!!  I like to be able to put up work on a regular basis, but just haven't been able to get a thing done over the past few weeks.  I decided to take a leaf out of my friend Kim's book and create a Clean and Simple card (CAS).

I went back to my first love - sponging!  Using Kim's idea of masking a portion of the card, I went to work and created my background.  It really suited the new Hostess stamp set "Simply Soft", so I got a chance to ink it up!  This was originally a line art stamp, but I decided to create the silhouette again, by colouring in the stamped images in the same marker - in this case, Chocolate Chip.  Not a single embellishment in sight!  Be sure to check out Kim's site, Joyful Creations with Kim, too.  She does the most amasing CAS cards!  Tell her I sent you, won't you?

Thanks Kim for giving me the kick start I needed *mwah*

20 comments:

  1. *jaw drops* That is breathtaking... absolutely stunning! I'd love to be able to sponge like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Paula! Your sponging is amazing as always, and I love how the silhouette is peeking out from the masked area. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be CAS but it's totally stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you'd got to x this is just gorgeous I love it and wanna CASE it x Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, this is jaw-droppingly beautiful!! LOVE it. What a great idea, to use line images as silhouettes, by colouring them in; so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Paula - I love what you've done! It's my favourite hostess set but mine hasn't seen ink yet and is a shame that life gets in the way sometimes...{sigh}.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow was the word that came to me when your blog loaded. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, babe. As usual. Adore it, and totally relate to not getting anything done... But you've inspired me. Hugs xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Paula. Well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula, I love this card, it may be simple but its so stunning. You are a queen of sponging, may have to have a go at CASE'ing this one.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thrilled to have provided you with the starting point but you have taken the inspiration to new heights! This is absolutely stunning!! The soft hills and clouds are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is gorgeous Paula, so clean and incredibly striking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very different and just lovely. I especially love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Paula! Absolutely love the masking idea and just doing a portion of the card. Oh I wish I could sponge like you....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Paula! Was worth the wait...however, I have missed you :) (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Paula! Such a beautiful card & a fantastic idea. Your sponging is truly amazing too. Glad you're back! Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such the Queen of sponging and brayering! This is absolutely gorgeous. Have missed your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Paula. Love the imagery on the clean white card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have stolen (CASEd) this strip sponging idea from Kim, too! Isn't it just divine! Love how you coloured the image to look silhouette! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, fabulous and oh so wonderful ... love this card and love the tutorial ... thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥