Saturday, September 24, 2011

WELL WORN AND GRUNGY!

Is kinda how I am feeling at the moment!!  But I feel good enough to turn out this card using the new DSP "Well Worn".  Teamed with the "Grunge Rock" stamp set, I am really pleased with the lived in feel of this card!
I love the new Well Worn DSP, with all the earthy tones and images in the paper.  It really lends itself to the torn look too, which most of you know, is totally against my nature!  I also used twine as an accent, which I ran thorugh my ink pad to add colour.  Lots of sponging on the stamped sentiment and guitar images to tone down the stark Very Vanilla base.  This is going into my box of cards for when a "manly" card is needed!

Make sure you check back in a couple of days to see the latest project I am working on using this gorgeous new DSP.  I am hoping to have a tutorial for you too, since I haven't done one in a while!  But my lips are sealed for now, shhhhhh...............

9 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Paula!
    Mate, I totally LOVE this! I sooo want that set with the guitars and the way you've used them here with those super fab colours are awesome! Look at that greeting too, even the way you've slanted the twine! SUPER DUPER lovely Lady!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card, Paula! LOVE the coloured twine, and the way you've inked the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well worn and grungy describes just how I've been feeling lately too :) LOVE this card Paula! Guess you've talked me into getting this DSP after all.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another success story Paula, you have done it again. Always enjoy checking out your work, you inspire. Cheers Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card Paula! Love how you have tied all the colours together in the multi-coloured greeting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous teen/guy card Paula. You tied in the colours so well and the twine really finishes it off with some great texture. Love it!
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do male cards so well, Paula! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab male card for your collection. Love the multicoloured image & your custom baker's twine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥