Monday, September 12, 2011

ONE LUMP OR TWO?

Anyone for Tea?  I have seen some gorgeous Tea Caddy's during my blog travels recently, and being a good Tea and Coffee drinker myself, wanted one I could put on my bench or give as a gift.  In the end, I had to play around myself to whip up this little beauty - but I love how this came together.

I have used the glorious new Designer Paper called Mocha Morning and the colours of the Caddy itself are Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.  I have also used lots of subtle sponging to add a more vintage feel to the stark DSP.
While I have a fabulous stamp set called "Morning Sip", the images were a little small for my needs, so I drew my own teabag for the front panel.  I put the bag and tag together with twine and popped them on the front panel with dimensionals.

I also wanted to be able to refill this when the last teabag is used, so I added a flip top lid!

I can't wait to make some more of these cuties as something "extra" for friends and family at Christmas.  Now I want to make some in different sizes too that I can take to my monthly Craft fair.  I know I certainly can't resist a good Cuppa!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Paula! So irresitable even to a non-tea drinker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is pretty neat and clever. I think I will have to get you to design a larger one for my Robert Timms Coffee Bags! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please..please..please do a tutorial!! So very amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box Paula. I think I like yours better than Andrea Walford's original! Even though you are our resident sponging queen, you always manage to have such a polished clean style that always appeals to me :-)
    The tea bag is ingenious!

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog... the flower isn't hard, seriously... ask me to show you the next time we're in the same place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific Paula. Very clever and it's come together perfectly. Love it...and I don't even drink tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula ... this is brilliant, how super clever of you ... love the flip top lid and I really love the cute little tea bags ... sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! If you do a tutorial, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥