Friday, September 9, 2011

JAI #84

This week at JUST ADD INK we have a super colour challenge for you - Just Add White and one other colour!

Whether you want to use white as a base, or colour as a base - anything goes!  Cant wait to see what you come up with.

I choose Gold and White.  I don't have a lot of Wedding Cards in my stash, so my main aim was to add to that!  I recently got the Gold Card Stock from Stampin' Up!an it is a grogeous!  It isn't overly shiney but has such a lovely iridescence about it.  Of course I also heat embossed the sentiment with gold, just to make it really "pop".  I also gently sponged Champagne Shimmer Paint over the dry embossing for a bit of glitx and colour.  

I hope you will pop by JUST ADD INK this week and join in with this simple (but challenging!) challenge.  Head over there now to see what the rest of the Deisgn Team have been doing!

13 comments:

  1. Paula, this is a beautiful card! Love the texture and depth! ;)
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Paula!!! i love how you've added the extra shine on the texture background!! WOnderful!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, beautiful!! When I first started stamping .... all those years ago .... I gold-embossed everything in sight. I don't think to use gold much these days, but I really love what you've made Paula - you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Paula. I LOVE the use of GOLD embossing powder (like Christine I embossed EVERYTHING when I first started stamping) and the gold shimmer paint on the embossed flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant Paula. Love the sponged shimmer on top of the flowers. The gold embossing looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT wedding card Paula! Stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This oozes elegance - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant and pretty Paula. Love that lush bow and all your different types of embossing - looks fabulous!
    Kim xxx
    PS: I still emboss everything in sight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the GOLD! Simply elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simply beautiful card, love the gold shimmer on the embossed flowers! Suits the cards purpose very well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning - very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous ... Elegant .... Classy

    Need I say more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥