Monday, September 5, 2011

ITUNES INSPIRED 21ST BIRTHDAY

What kind of 21st Birthday card do you make for a tattooed Rock Chick celebrating her birthday?!  That was the challenge presented to me recently.  Harder yet, what kind of present do you get?!!  My darling Husband came up with the idea of the Itunes card voucher and picked one up to put in her card.

As soon as I saw the voucher, I knew I had to recreate the artwork using my brayer and sponges.  This is the end result:

This turned out to be such an awesome card to do and I really didn't want to give it away!
To achieve these reuslts, I used Whisper White as my artwork base.  I stamped the Extreme Guitar in Versamark, then "rock n rolled" it in Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Eggplant, and heat embossed using Clear embossing powder.  I randomly sponged the background in Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Marina Mist.  Using my trusy post-it-notes, I then masked off sections and sponged again in marina Mist to create the background sections.  of course, I also carried this over to the inside of the card too!
Using the same method of sponging I described above, I just colour one corner of the card in colour, I also used my music wheel and Pool Prty ink to create a light mosaic of music (which is hard to see here) under the birthday sentiment.  I also "rock n rolled" the Grunge Rock guitar in the corner, omitting the embossing.  As it turns out, the guitar was a great choice as that was the gift her family got her for her 21st!

15 comments:

  1. Paula, this is CRAZY awesome! I love it!!! I wouldn't want to give it away either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Paula!! Love the sponging and the great colors you used. I wouldn't want to give it away either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! This one is very cool indeed. Brilliant sponging yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card Paula ... Love the colours and I love how you have achieved the background ... So so effective and really well done!
    Yep, this card is a real keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes I love this great card paula- great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card .... I especially love the inside!! Such a work of art, perfect for the recipient, by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, Paula! You nailed this one, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an awesome card, Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that's a stamping masterpiece Paula! Just love all that detail and that background rocks. So glad I grabbed that stamp before it retired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! You got me inspired. How do I subscribe to your blog? I just became a follower stalker.

    xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Paula! Every time I pop by ... you blow me away! Seriously ... this is sensational! Definitely in my "to CASE" file. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How truely inspired! I absolutely love the matching of not only the colours but the image and even the background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Paula!!!
    Thanks so much for coming over and leaving some comment love! I've been away so just getting back into it all! Now about this card..... WOW oH WOW!!!! Mate this is amazing! I mean the way you've used that brayer and the sponging and the images and the colours and the..... well the list goes on and on! I love this, well done!!!
    SMiles SHArnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally understand not wanting to give this one away. Fabulous sponging to create such an amazing background. Love the colors you chose. If I had been lucky enough to receive this I would have framed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥