Saturday, September 3, 2011

"D" IS FOR DAD!

It is Fathers Day this Sunday and luckily, my Dad's card has arrived safely.  I hope the Lotto ticket inside is as lucky!  Just remember who gave it to you if it wins Dad!

This card came together for Dad really quickly.   My Dad doesn't do sentiment too well, so I definietly didn't want anything soppy.  Quick, simple and to the point, is what my Dad appreciates.  I also included artwork on the inside, but the photo didnt turn out at all well, so I can't show you.  Note to self:  Check photo's BEFORE sending card away!

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, French Foliage
Card Stock:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Inks:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alpha Die, Post-it-note (for masking) Stamp-a-ma-jig, Brayer, Sponges, Jumbo Brads

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card Paula. I'm sure your dad will appreciate it :) I love the highlighting on the letters.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card as always paula :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Paula - not at all soppy and I'm sure your dad will love it! Your description of your Dad is reminiscent of mine (sadly he passed away 8 years ago). It must be the army blood in them, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - yet another great use of those lovely trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab Dad card! It would have been perfect for my dad, too, Paula! Sadly ... this was my first father's day without him! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥