Tuesday, August 9, 2011

UP & AWAY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

It's my BIL's Birthday today (waving at you!!) and he is a total plane nut!!  So when it came to designing his Birthday card - it had to have a plane on it!!  Unfortunately this set (Sentiment Journey) is retired, but I can still play with it myself!

I got out my trusty sponges and cloud template and created the clouds in Bashful Blue and Marina Mist, after first masking off the plane contrail.  I then stamped the plane image and sentiment in Basic Black.  I kept the rest of the card simple with plain matting in Basic Black, the Word Window Punch for a little side detail and the addition of White Brads for some embellishment.

Of course, I think a card is made just that much more special when you carry the theme to the inside too.  Again I sponged just a few clouds around two sides,, leaving room for a message to be written.  I have no doubt that he will love this card!  I get such a kick out of tailoring a card for a specific person.

I hope you had a wonderful day BIL!!

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Paula this is incredible, you never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Paula! I'm sure BIL will love it! Again, your sponging is superb! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is such a great card! The sponging is incredible and how you have placed the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow .... Fantastic ...what a super fantastic creation ... this card needs to be put in a little frame!!! I love how you have created the contrail from the plane, soo very clever!
    Great work Paula!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Paula, what a fabulous card. Awesome idea & you truly are the sponging queen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Paula- just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Paula! Love that air plane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fantastic card with this set and you've got me kicking myself I didn't buy it! Grrrrrr! LOL I have a gift for you on my blog - come visit and see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers! I always seem to run out of steam before doing the inside ... and usually resort to a paper insert. (stamped ... of course!) But ... this is just fabbo ... and the inside is the icing on the cake! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this one!!! Now I need a jet stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥