Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SU BIG DAY OUT PRESENTATION CARD

I was thrilled to be asked to make a presentation at the SU Big Day Out in Auckland last weekend, so of course I did a card in my favourite style - brayer and sponging!  I was also lucky enough to have two of the new In-colours to play with (Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder) and teamed with the Forever Young stamp set, I knew just the look I was after.

I have actually used four techniques on this card - brayer, sponging, masking and direct to paper.  It has a real whimsical feel about it so the Imagine sentiment from Word Play was perfect for my needs.  I have teamed the artwork with the new In-colour ruffled ribbon in Lucky Limeade - a really delicious ribbon!

16 comments:

  1. So stunning, Paula. I bet you wowed the crowd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a beautiful card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning Paula. The colours, brayering, layout. Love it all! Definitely a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure did wow the crowd, didnt quite get the courage up to come and introduce myself :)
    Inspires me to give my brayer a go, its still in its box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Paula. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wowed us alright Paula ..loved all of your presentation and you were funny and a natural at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, in typical Paula style! Can't wait to get me some of that scrumptious ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and Wow again. Haven't opened my new In Colours yet. What a great combo these colours are together, and of course done with true Paula finese. I am impressed and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG... you have have the new in colour ribbon, yes lucky you and another gorgeous card. Love your work Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drop dead gorgeous! Absolutely stunning Paula! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Paula ~ I can't believe that I haven't ordered this set yet....I love it!!! TFS and have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is my first visit to your blog but it won't be the last. this card is absolutely stunning! thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on Nancy Reilys iPicks #145. So beautiful. I too love to do brayering and sponging with my cards. A splash of Lucky Limeade is a terrific color to any creation.

    xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is jaw dropping beautiful! Again - Wow! And the sentiment is absolutely perfect. Thanks for playing this week at still addINKtive challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥