Monday, August 29, 2011

SO MANY NEW FAVOURITES!

I have just returned from a fabulous Stampin' Up! event in Auckland and want to share a project I presented on Saturday to my fellow demonstrators that attended.  I was challenged to make a "manly" card using a delicious DSP called "Mocha Morning", which is available from the 1st of September.  I have teamed it with quite a few new favourites - Forever Young stamp set, Glimmer Brads and Stampin' Up! Gold card stock.

I love this Clock and knew I wanted to 3D it somehow.  I have layered the clock face three times and put acetate behind the top layer to give the impression of a glass face.  The original stamp has three pendulums beneath the clock.  I chose to make my own using hemp twine and the new Neutrals Glimmer Brads.

Mocha Morning DSP has all my favourite Neutral colours and I was spoilt for choice as to which design to use.  I chose this one simply because it worked so well with the Gold card stock.  I was thrilled how this card turned out - for a change it was just as I imagined it!!


5 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card, Paula! I love that DSP with the gold card! The twine with the glimmer brads look great as pendulums

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Paula! Oh boy, now I have to add Neutrals glimmer brads to my veeeeeeeerrrrrry long list of items to buy come September! Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Paula! Love the 3D look of the clock and everything else about the card too! :) I'm sure your presentation went beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea with the acetate face...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Paula. Love that you have sponged the twill tape too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥