Friday, August 26, 2011

JAI #82 - From your Stash

This week at JUST ADD INK, you get to use something you have hidden away in your stash and haven't used for some time!!  This is a great challenge!  I have dusted off a stamp set called "Coast to Coast" which hasn't seen ink for about a year!

Killing two birds with one stone here, as this is my BIL's Birthday card too.  He is an ex-sailor, so anything to do with the sea appeals to him. 

I have kept it pretty manly with wide grosgrain ribbon and an antique brad, which looks like a compass.  I have also used the Lattice embossing folder in my Big Shot to add texture to the main card.  I have stamped a birthday sentiment on the inside.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design team are guilty of leaving on the shelf!  Be sure to pop over to JUST ADD INK for a looksee and join in!


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Paula! Love the ribbon treatment. I always have a difficult time with the wider ribbons. Perfect for the masculine card. I, too, have several sets that haven't seen ink for far too long. Great challenge idea! I may have to give a go at it :) (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a previous comment....I am commenting to thank younfor the idea for wider ribbons and realized I am it the first!! Thanks for a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect male card, Paula. You're right - that brad does look like a compass. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card Paula. Bet your BIL loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guy card Paula, love the mix of the grey, black and white - and how decorative yet simple the striped ribbon looks.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ribbon and brad treatment Paula. A great clean and simple "guy" card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card for a "sailor-man"!
    And how cool is that the brad looks similar to a compass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula - you never cease to amaze us with your talents. This is a fantastic card. I'm sure your BIL will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lovely manly card and I like how it still is even with a ribbon attached...a very nautical look! Your BIL is sure to appreciate it and especially as it is made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one Paula, the perfect masculine card. You know it's going in my CASE file *smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab guy card Paula, you always seem to do bloke so well, its really lovely with the wide ribbon and brad, perfect accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just THE most perfect masculine card Paula, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect! Love the ribbon treatment Paula! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥