Thursday, July 21, 2011

NEWSPRINT BIRTHDAY

While blog surfing yesterday, I visited Tui Nathans lovely blog site and saw THIS card.  I was WOWed by it and decided to CASE Tui (waving at you Tui!!).  Funny how you can start a CASE and it takes on a life of it's own, eh?  While mine doesn't look much like Tui's original card, hers was definitely the inspiration I needed to create this one:

Here is the list of Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card:
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Vellum
DSP:  Newsprint
Inks:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Stamps:  Just Believe, French Foliage, Bring on the Cake
Accessories:   Itty Bitty Punches, Neutral Brads, Sponges, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Paula ... I love this card, the sponging the torn edges and the splatters from French Foliage are so lovely they add to the beauty of what you have captured here.
    Oh, and I especially looove the vellum sentiment banner, that combined with the black background adds a striking feature!!!
    Thank you for the "shout out" ... I am truly honoured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, love love love this - the flowers look fab on the newsprint, love the subtle colour & all little extras. Di :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I, too, was WOWed by Tui's card; isn't it stunning? Another CASE will be happening around these here parts. Love your version too, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula, I get so much inspiration when I come to your blog! There hasn't been much 'spontaneous' crafting going on here of late (houses, kids, work and business stamping all get in the way!), but after this weekend, if I get a chance - I'll be right back here soaking up the mojo!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely Paula, very classic and very very classy, love the vintagey look, and how you layered the image over the newsprint.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is just lovely Paula. A nice vintage look with your torn corner and sponging. Off to check out Tui's creation now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Paula! I loved that card on Tui's site too and have saved it to my favourites for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥