Tuesday, July 5, 2011

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

I always have the need for Birthday cards, but don't always have the time to make them.  I actually had some time to craft the other day and came up with this simple little design.  I wanted to see what it would look like with different textures and colours, so now I have a stash of these little guys to call on when I need a card in a hurry.

All it takes is one stamp, one colour (in this case, Regal Rose) and one embossing folder (Petals Aplenty)!  It is that easy!!  Of course, I also added a faux bow and a gorgeous coordinating brad, just to finish them off.  I would love to show you how to make these little cuties - so why not consider Hosting a workshop and I will show you how!

Wild Wasabi and Lattice

Concord Crush and Polka Dots

Real Red and Vintage Wallpaper

Which one is your favourite?  I love them all.........................

12 comments:

  1. Lovely set of cards. So effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the regal rose one the best. Then again I am quite partial to pink as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little batch of cards Paula. The fine border is a perfect finishing touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Paula! So simple yet striking. I like them all, no particular favourite - do I spy those gorgeous little glitter brads the US got but we didn't? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! They don't look too difficult to put together, which I love... hehehe. They're all great, but I think my favourite is the top one. I love the Regal Rose colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Paula. My favourite would have to be the Wild Wasabi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, I love them all too. Great how you can use any colour and any embossing folder to have the same card with different looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all adorable! And, it's always a good idea to have a few tucked away for an emergency :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great batch of cards!

    As I'm learning more by reading all these fantastic blogs, I'm picking up more 'tricks of the trade'. One fave trick is to make multiples of the one design, to have some handy (great tip for a mum of two little bubbies!!)

    I love, love the black and red one - so elegant.

    Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprising myself by liking the Regal Rose one best. Doesn't it feel good to have cards put aside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh ... I love them all ...great idea will have to make myself a little stash too ... great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Where did you get hold of those blingy brads??? These are sensational ... thanks for sharing all the different "tweaks". Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥