Friday, July 29, 2011

JAI #78 - COLOUR CHALLENGE

The team At JUST ADD INK have another colour challenge for you this week.  This is another card that simply came together when I saw the colours we had to play with!  Such gorgeous EARTHY colours!!

I love it when I have a clear idea of what I want to do - it doesn't happen all that often!!  So going with the Earthy theme.................

I decided to do a Telescope card for my Dad's Birthday.  Both the colours in the challenge and the sentiment I chose dictated the card..........
Although I don't know what possessed me to hand cut all the continents!!  It took me hours to make this card.  But my Dad is worth it.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD ♥
I hope you will join me and the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team this week with this gorgeous challenge.  I can't wait to see you entries!

16 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning.
    You clever click.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand cutting all those pieces is certainly dedication, Paula!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design ... and fantastic result, Paula! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow super clever Paula. Love how you've cut the Continents and that sentiment is PERFECT! This is a terrific card for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You HAND CUT the continents??? Good grief! Love this, and your Dad will appreciate the effort and love that went into it, I'm sure. It's a great card, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Mrs Dobson - I expected no less from you, my friend. This is STUNNING! Stand by for a call in the weekend... I want to CASE this!! Brava, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Paula - this is very impressive! I'm sure your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earthy in the intro - Ok I definitely had a giggle at that one :) It's a totally fabulous card Paula, so clever and filled with so much love.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally awesome Paula, perfect choice of greeting, love the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW amazing! You are so patient to HAND CUT the continents! WOWZERS. Awesome masculine card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That takes fussy cutting to a whole new level! I just love your telescoping circle card - it's still on my list of things to do! Super job, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe you hand cut all that either.....but it is absolutely brilliant! Your Dad will treasure it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card Paula, I am sure your dad will love it! I am also pleased to see that not only did Australia and New Zealand take pride of place in your card but you didn't forget to put TASMANIA on the world map! Well done! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, Mae!! Would always feature OUR side of the world in my cards. Not only did I put Tasmania there, but also Stuart Island!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally FABulous Paula!! The handcut continents are seriously impressive!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥