Friday, July 15, 2011

JAI #76

How does an Inspiration Photo strike you this week?  That is what you have to play with at JUST ADD INK!

I had a bit of trouble with this photo, to be honest.  I really couldn't come up with much!!  But then we had the most awful week of weather, just look at our poor town!!  That is hail NOT snow!!  It took about five hours to melt away!

When I came back to the inspiration photo, I thought of summer and how I wished I could be on a beach somewhere!  The colours in the photo were my inspiration.  Although, because of poor lighting (I think you can see why!), the Baja Breeze looks more like Marina Mist in the photo!

I have sponged this entire card, not a brayer in sight!  The colours I used were Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Baja Breeze.  I also passed my Sprinkles Wheel over the "sand" to give it a bit more texture, and added white gel pen to create the fizzy water's edge.  When I look at this now, I don't feel quite so cold!  Roll on Summer!!

I love how everyone takes different inspiration from photo's like these.  Why don't you pop on over to JUST ADD INK to see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with.  I promise you won't be disppointed!

20 comments:

  1. I love your card! It makes me think of summer, vacation, beach and other great things! Thank you so much for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Paula! This is superbly gorgeous! Great take on the photo. You ARE 'queen of the sponge'! Nice work!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Paula! Your water's edge is absolutely PERFECT! I can just imagine the sand between my toes - roll on summer..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula ... this is fabulous, your talent with that sponge is truly magnificent ... what a fabulous beach scene, I love the white ocean spray, the sand looks so realistic and your sea shells and just way too cute ... Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous card, Paula! Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You weave magic with your sponging and white gel pen. This card is a mini masterpiece and makes me yearn for far North Qld!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, to be at the beach! I love what you've done with the sentiment, and the sea shells are so cute. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous Paula. I feel like I'm standing at the edge of the water! Your sponging is truly amazing, love the shell details at the bottom too.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning what more can I say. Fantastic love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly stunning Paula! Brilliant sponging, perfect use of the gel pen and I LOVE the way you shadowed the sentiment too. It's a PERFECT card in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula, this is absolutely beautiful. Oh, to have your talent with sponging! Great card, lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another masterpiece Paula! your sponging skills are on par with your brayering and we all know how amazing you are at that!
    Oh to be wiggling my toes in that sand!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Paula! This is so stunning. Love the effect your sponging has given.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking! I am in awe of how you used the white pen to create the water...what an artist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is really lovely. I love the sponge effect, how you created the texture in the sand and the starfish and shell. Basically everything. I also appreciate the lovely comments you leave on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sponging is a work of art! Love the layers of colour you've created. And considering your lousy weather you did an absolutely fabulous job of coming up with this lovely beachy summery card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great card. It looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I soooooo need some beachy type stamps! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, feel I could walk on the sand. Do you have a die cutter for the shells??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥