Friday, July 8, 2011

JAI #75 - A COLOUR CHALLENGE

This week we have a colour challenge for you and I have to say - these are MY colours.  I just love them and hope you do too!

I decided to do something a little different to the usual card I normally favour.  I came across this gorgeous shoe template at Creations by AR and just had to buy it!  What's not to love?!  I knew exactly how I wanted it to look too, with this gorgeous colour combination.

I wanted a black sole, as most shoes have.  I wanted the body of the shoe to be Vanilla.  I have also stamped on the toe of the shoe using Champagne Shimmer paint and the Tree from Pendant Park.  I think the shimmer paint and simple design of the leaves adds an understated elegance.

I wanted the Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler to carry on the elegant theme, so used a tiny version of Tania Gould's gorgeous rolled roses and tipped them all with Shimmer paint again.  If you would like to know how to make these roses, then pay Tania a visit HERE.

The JUST ADD INK Design Team have come up with gorgeous projects for you to view too, so be sure to pay us a visit!

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Paula!! I'll have a pair in size 8 thanks! LOL I love your little rosebuds across the toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational & beautifully executed Paula! Love the shimmery print & the sweet roses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way of showing off this colour combination! This would be a nice way to present a small gift to a young girl doing her deb or a bride to be. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinderella's shoe, beautifully done! This is gorgeous and as someone suggested a great way to give a pedicure type gift, eg emery board, foot cream, spa gift voucher etc. Might have to try making one myself. Love it Paula and especially the little rosebuds and black heel! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh Paula that is so gorgeous and I want one. When are you having a class?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoe is gorgeous, Paula! I love the rosebuds and the shimmer paint - bet this looks a-maz-ing IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly beautiful Paula.Amazing use of the pendant park stamp, I didn't even realise what it was. The flowers are gorgeous too. I will have to go and look at the tutorial. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and simply stunning Paula!Love all the details - the black sole! the shimmer leafy stamping and those delightful little rosebuds - how fun :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea. It looks so real! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really stunning Paula. Your little rose buds look gorgeous across the top and all the little details and shimmer just finish your shoe perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow and wow! Doesn't she have the BEST templates? This shoe is gorgeous and I especially love all the stamping to form the pattern on the 'shoes'- the roses are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cinderella would be heart broken to loose one of these! A stunning creation Paula.
    Thanks for another inspirational project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweetness plus!!! I so admire your patience and creativity! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥