Friday, July 1, 2011

FANCY FOLDS BLOG HOP - JAI #74


JAI FANCY FOLDS EASEL CARD

I hope you enjoyed viewing Kim Badelt's gorgeous Tri Shutter card and you're ready to check out another Fancy Fold.  I have made a Funky Fold Easel Card which is held open with rolled roses.
Cardstock you will need:
10cm x 20cm Basic Black, Card base
10cm x 10cm Basic Black, Card base topper
8.5cm x 8.5cm Poppy Parade (cut 2, 1 outer, 1 inner)
8cm x 8cm Whisper White (cut 2, 1 outer, 1 inner)
Poppy Parade Roses, buttons or brads
Accessories:
1/4" Black grosgrain ribbon, Basic Pearl, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig

How to:
1.  Using Poppy Parade ink and a sponge, gently sponge both pieces of the Whisper White across the top only.  Lay one piece of Whisper White aside for the card inner later.
2.  Using your Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement,  Stamp the "love" sentiment from Occasional Quotes, in Basic Black, 2/3 of the way up the card front.

  3.  Along the bottom of the card front, stamp the flower from Silhouette Sentiments in Basic Black.
4.  Adhere your ribbon across the centre of your card.  Using Mini glue dots, adhere a separately tied bow and top with a pearl.

5.  Score the 20cm x 10 cm Basic Black card base in half at 10cm, then score again on one side only at 5cm.  Place tape or snail on the outside 5cm portion of the card stock as in the photo.

6.  Take the second 10cm x 10cm piece of Basic Black cardstock and lining the bottom up with the first 20cm piece, adhere where you have put the adhesive.  When you push this piece up, it should resemble and Easel - hence the name!
7.  Adhere both pieces of your Whisper White artwork to the 8.5cm square pieces of Poppy Parade mats.

8.  Adhere the front piece (with sentiment) to the front of your card base and the plain on to the inside of your card.
9.  Add buttons, brads or rolled roses placed on the lower third of the inside of your card.  This will enable the front of the card to slot behind, keeping the card open.



Thanks for stopping by, now it's time to move onto the fabulous, Mae Collin's Blog where she has another awesome Fancy Fold for you to try.


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, great use of colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Paula and fab tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tutorial (and perfect photos!) of such a pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered how this was done. Thanks for the beautiful sample! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of your little masterpiece. I got the amazing idea to use rolled roses for the 'stopper' bit from you at my last workshop. Thanks for the inspiration, Paula - you are one clever paper crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula I am going to dub you Queen of the Brayer or Sponge (as we have dubbed Bron Queen of the Easel Cards) because your cards using these tools are always works of art and this one is no exception, made even better with your great tutorial and photos! Awesome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and great tutorial. I am looking forward to trying this one out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, awesome design and awesome tutorial!!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely beautiful card Paula. I love the colours and especially the sponging. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have captured my heart. I love Black, Red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Paula! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wondering how to do this technique - thank you so much for showing me how! Thank you so much for showing me a new fold technique - I'm new to all of this and I really do enjoying learning and trying new things! Have a great weekend. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb Paula! love the glow your sponging has achieved, striking..love it!
    Your tutorial is perfect, so easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your easel card Paula. the colours and sponging look great

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, the roses are a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How striking is your combo of black, red and white Paula, yet at the same time so soft and atmospheric. Love it and thanks for that awesome tutorial :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the colors! hehe and I am in love with all I have seen on the hop I don't know how I will choose witch one to make! Very nice card you have there though :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. This easel card looks so good! Very effective. Your spongeing is fantastic.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card Paula, and the striking colour combo you've chosen. Awesome tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooo beautiful Paula ... each project of yours is like a work of art ... am loving the colour combo and the red sponging - just gorgeous!!!
    Thank you for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Paula, and thanks for the easy to follow instructions! Believe it or not, I am yet to make an easel card but I will be now :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Paula! Love how you have used the sponging to create interest. TFS the fantastic tute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW this card is simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing, Paula. I have been itching to do an easel card for so long ... and your delicious creation has inspired me to try. (I have got to do a legitimate entry after my big boo boo! I used a different fancy fold idea ... rather than choosing a designer idea! DUH! Back to the drawing board!!!) Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Our group of 16 that meets every month will like this one ONLY it has to be a Valentine WITHOUT hearts. I have some frog stickers w/google eyes that I'm going to use with the saying "I only have eyes for you". I'll use a seashell in place of the rose! We do a lot with Stampin' Up designers and thanks for this idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥