Sunday, July 10, 2011

BLACKBOARD NOTEBOOK

As some of my readers may know, I attend a Craft Market here in Upper Hutt on the first Saturday of every month.  I have been attending this market for nearly two years now and have met many of my wonderful customers there.  I like to keep a track of the things that appeal most to customers, and one of those products is this cute wee Post-it-Note holder.  These fly out the door.  Over the past couple of days, I have been working hard to replenish my stock!!  I will share some more with you at a later date, but I wanted to show you this one:

This little book showcases the Blackboard technique.  This is the first time I have tried this technique and I love it!!

If you would like to try this technique, I highly recommend it!  Read on to find out how...............

1.  Using a fairly solid stamp and white Craft Ink, stamp your image onto a dark coloured card stock.  Make sure the image is dry before continuing.  You can speed up the drying process by using a heat gun.
2.  Using the Stampin' Up! Stampin Pastels, colour over the white stamped image with a cotton bud.

3.  With the rubber that comes with the Stampin Pastels, remove any excess chalk around the image.

4.  You can leave your image as is, or add some white highlights with a white Gel Pen, as I have done.  It really makes the image "pop".
5.  Make sure you seal your work so it doesn't smudge.  You can purchase a Pastel sealer from most Craft shops, but you can also use hairspray.

I hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial and try this fabulous and eye catching technique yourself.

Happy crafting to you all ♥

15 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Paula, as always. Love this. Have done the chalkboard with pencils, but will try it with pastels. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I love how you have used this stamp for the black magic technique. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula - your project looks fabulouse - no wonder you sell heaps of these. Stampin Pastels may just have made it onto the 'Wish List'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Paula!! I can see why these are so popular. I am yet to try this technique too. Your instructions are great, so now I don't have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why these fly out the door! And you have used this technique beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous project! Great technique for my stamp club :) Thanks for sharing! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project & techbiuqye Paula! The stamp & colours you have used are definitely eye-catching - no wonder these beauties get snapped up. TFS the tute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, I agree these post-it note holders are very popular they sell very well for me at my craft markets too. I like your idea of the Blackboard technique for the front, might have to CASE this. No competition at markets for us across the seas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea. Haven't seen this technique before used with pastels only watercolour pencils. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done Paula, such a stunning result, l bought the products for this after regionals last year, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! Love your tutorial too, you clever thing. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!! Ohhh i love this Paula! Thanks heaps for the tut, it's awesome and i look forward to doing it
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful Paula ... I have a set of chalks - still as new as the day they arrived ... must give this a try, you make it look so easy and effortless to get fabulous results .... love how the gel pen finishes it off with a "pop"!!!
    Great work .... thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it funny how techniques cycle??? This was a technique that was doing the rounds on blogs when I started with SU! back in 2007! I tried it a few times ... but haven't done it in ages! Thanks for the reminder, Paula! I think this is a perfect stamp set for the techy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful!!! I'm looking forward to trying this. Thank you for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥