Friday, June 24, 2011

JAI #73 A SKETCH FOR YOU!

Over at JUST ADD INK this week, we have a sketch challenge for you:

And a challenge it was for me, since I had my weeks all mixed up and didn't realise I needed to submit this week!  Oh dear, what a panic I got myself in!

In the end, I decided to keep it simple - which is actually another challenge in itself for me!  My first thought when I saw the sketch, was to put a length of ribbon on the card, but not everyone has ribbon available, so again, I challenged myself to only use cardstock - hence the punch hearts.  I think they go perfectly with the sentiment and I couldn't help but add a bit of sparkle to a few of them with the gorgeous Stampin' Up! fine glitter.

Pop on over to Just Add Ink to see what the other Design team members have put up for your viewing pleasure.  We would love it if you joined in too!

16 comments:

  1. Great card Paula- love those hearts :-) better than ribbon x Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is a stunner, I will be putting it in my CASE file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! We never would've known that this card was created in a panic, because it is so calming to look at. Beautiful use of lots of yummy SU! elements - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you can panic anytime if you are going to make such beautiful cards Paula. I love all the heart elements in this project from the sparkly ones, to those in the punch edging to the words in the sentiment! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I love that shower of hearts...I am definitely going to have to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock! love this card Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever and so cute Paula! I love that trail of (glittered) hearts.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. These hearts are so sweet! I like that you popped up some of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glittered hearts are beautiful Paula, as is the whole card.
    Love the punched heart border and the way you've stamped the sentiment.
    Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful card Paula - love the sparkly hearts - and totally love that isn't ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Paula! All the elements tie in wonderfully together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to use the hearts like that!!! I'm going to be CASEing this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Paula. The trail of hearts is sweet & a great interpretation of the sketch. No-one would guess you were panicked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Some of my best cards are made under pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So ... if this is what you do in a panic ... I'd love to see a calm card. This is soooooo pretty! Love it! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, love all the hearts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥