Sunday, June 26, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DH ♥

It was my darlings Birthday yesterday - won't say how old he was though.  Needless to say - there was a GST increase.  Making cards for him is hard.  I had a choice of Motorbike or boat.  I don't think he has ever been anywhere near a bike, so that kinda narrowed it down!

I went with a fun fold this time.  THE Bron Heslop gave me a gorgeous sample of a fancy fold she had done recently and I was really taken with it.  So here is my version:

I used my sponges on this card, so I could get more detail on the small space I had to work with - a brayer would have had a hard time!  I have popped the sails up with Dimensionals and put hints of Dazzling Diamonds in the water.  It really does sparkle like moonlit water!  I will leave you with a close up:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    I was at Just add ink and the other blog Nice cards in there.
    I love this card for your husband. I love how it turned out. You are so creative. the coloring and how cleaver to put the sides with mountains. that is exactly what we saw while in your country and sailing on the ship straight ahead with mountains on each side. VEry gorgeous How did you do the sky nd water? It looks like brayering

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. These fancy fold cards are always fun to make :-) I love this card Paula- I think it's the first card I've seen that really does justice to that boat stamp. As usual great sponging and scene setting x Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, WOW, WOW! LOVE IT! Fantastic sponging Paula and that moonlit water is amazing! Into my CASE file for sure! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!....This is incredibly beautiful Paula, you are definatly a master of sponging/brayer work, agree with Debi too, definatly the best use of this stamp l have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Paula! This image works so well on this style of fold, love the depth it gives to your fantastic scene. The sparkling water is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card Paula! and Happy Birthday Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheeky tart! Gorgeous card, Paula! Happy birthday, Mark! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great interpretation of Bron's card Paula. Watch out Michelle Zindorf!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is great Paula! Looks fabulous. I have seen this fold online a little lately but never paid attention to the name of it - can you please tell me? Thanks and see you in Auckland - are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a clever girl Paula. Love this card. May need to get his boat after all as I have a male BD card to do with little inspiration. Appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh ... I am in awe of your sponging techniques! When I grow up ... I wanna stamp like Paula! I saw this on Bron's blog ... and yours is just as lovely! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Paula! Love the sparkle on the water in the moonlight. I'm sure your hubby loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥