Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ALTERED NOTEPADS

Sorry I have been MIA lately.  This working 5 days has really cramped my style!  I have been busy in the background working on some projects for classes and Stamp Club, but I can't show you those yet!

I did want to share a couple of cute Altered Notepads I recently made for my monthly craft fair.  The first is a Post-it-Note holder and pen set using French Foliage.  Now I don't actually own this set, but I did borrow it from the lovely Rhonda Imrie and I have to say I LOVE IT!  It is my new favourite set (like I don't already have enough favourites!).  I haven't used traditional Autumn colours here though.  Instead I have used Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand and Perfect Plum.  I have stamp the background using the smallest SU acrylic block to get the "brick" thing going on.

The second Note pad is a altered shopping list.  I got the cutest swap at Convention from Barbara Bicknell and just had to have a go at recreating it myself.  This was fun to put together and I have altered the pen to match too, by inserting the same DSP on the front of the pad, down the barrell of the pen.

I do hope to post a bit more regularly than I have been lately.  So please come back often to check and leave a comment - I do so appreciate hearing your thoughts on my projects!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic notepads, I like the non autumn colours.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable Paula. I especially love the top one with French Foliage. That's one of my favourite sets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work for the Craft Fairs, Paula. Working 5 days? - what a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas Paula, love your background done with acrylic blocks....into my case file with these...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great projects Paula. The non-Autumn colours look fabulous on the post it note book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty note pads, how did you make the pen holder and how did you put it on ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renita,
      both pads have the pen attached differently. The purple pad has the pen holder actually cut and folded withing the pad base. For the long pad pen holder I have punched an oval piece of card, wrap it around the pen, and then attached it to the cover. Hope this helps, Paula

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥