Monday, May 9, 2011

MELBOURNE CONVENTION 2011 - Swap #1

While I am away at Convention, I thought I would leave you with some of my swaps and also the Roomie gift I have made for the ladies I am sharing an apartment with, over the next few days.

I have made three different swaps of which this is the first.  There are a lot of different techniques on this wee baby:  Brayering, sponging and direct to paper.  Not to mention, turning a line art stamp into a silhouette.  I have no idea what posessed me to do 20+ of these - the colouring alone took me hours!!  I will also be showing a class in Auckland just how I achieved this look.  Hope they like It.

12 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Paula. What a lot of work. They'll be queueing up to get one of these swaps. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they like it? They LOVED it! Awesome to see you yesterday, babe. Have a fabulous time in Melbourne; sorry I can't be with you this year. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Paula. I love the silhouette effect you have achieved here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Paula! The colours & colouring techniques look gorgeous & the silhouette imagery is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous swap Paula - they'll be fighting over them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow simply stunning. You need to go to Convention to get a break from all that colouring, oops, do you think you may end up crafting there??? Enjoy Convention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had better save one of these beauties for your hotel buddies!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Paula! I'm sure it will be the talk of the swap. Great job! You really put alot of yourself into these...how super!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so lucky to have this swap from NZ's very own Zindorf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm awfully glad you persisted, chick, 'cos I'm thrilled to say I am the recipient of one of these GORGEOUS swaps! Thanks heaps; loved meeting you, and all the laughs - went far too quickly!! Safe travels home. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful result, Paula! Totally worth the effort! I am so envious of all the lucky girls that received one of these! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥