Friday, May 27, 2011

JAI #69 - FUSSY CUTTING

Are you up for a great challenge?  Yes?  How about Fussy Cutting?!  This is the challenge JUST ADD INK have put together for you this week.  What is fussy cutting?  Pretty much anything that requires a pair of scissors, or craft knife.  Fussy cutting is a great way to add interest to you projects. 

I have used a really cute template from Papercrafters Library for my project this week.  The little tote bag opens out flat, so you could use it as a card and gift in one.  I have used it to put a couple of teabags in.  A great way to have a cuppa with a friend who doesn't live nearby!

I have hand cut the bag for a start and added a layer of cardstock and DSP on the belly of the bag.  I then stamped the images from the Morning Cup stamp set on multiple scraps of DSP and cut out.  I stamped the images again on cardstock and attached the cut out pieces.  I then used my markers to add shadows and cut out the images again before sticking them to my bag.

I hope you can see the detail in the close up.   This is one of my favourite techniques.  It does help if you have a really sharp pair of snips too.  My favourite to use are the Stampin' Up! Paper Snips.  They are so sharp and have a nice pointy end for getting right into corners.  

Pop on over to JUST ADD INK to see the fussy cutting the rest of the Design Team have been doing for your viewing pleasure!

16 comments:

  1. I love the detail Paula, it's what really makes your bag pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, What a amazing box, just beautiful.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so gorgeous Paula. I absolutely love it...and yes you can definitely see the wonderful detail. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific example of fussy cutting Paula. This is such a perfect little gift for almost anyone. Between you and Jodene I'm thinking I might just HAVE to get this set.

    Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just fabulous Paula, love it! I really like the colours together and the cut out tea pot raised just a little really makes a difference. I must get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is gorgeous Paula, Love the little bag, and the stamp set is perfect for this idea. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Paula! I love the shape of that little bag and that morning cup set is fabulous for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! You've done a fantastic job with the fussy cutting, your little tote is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable project Paula, I love it! I will have to try this one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula that's a great example of fussy cutting I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula this is a lovely idea to have a 'cuppa' with a friend not close by. You have made it lovely with your fussy cut images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous. Love the box and the colour combo. Very appealing. Love my tea so love it to bits.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a seriously cute project that highlights all the fussy cutting needed for paper piecing and complete with your Dilmah tea bags!!! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little bag Paula, it's so sweet!
    Love the colours you chose and your cutting is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cutting project. The teacups and pot look great paper pieced. I also wanted to say that I love your swap from convention and am glad I was lucky enought to recieve one. Incase you did more than one, its is the early espresso Imagine one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project Paula! Your stack of teacups looks terrific, the shading adds so much depth to all the images. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥