Friday, May 6, 2011

JAI #67 - A SKETCH

This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch to try.  I immediately thought flowers and pretty, but then I thought, NO!  I want to man it up instead!!

"Sail Away" was the perfect stamp and is available as a single stamp in the Autumn/Winter Mini.  Mine hadn't seen ink yet, so this was the perfect opportunity to get it dirty!

I have fussy cut the yacht and layered it on the new Decorative Label Punch, which I sponged waves on first.  I also sponged waves and clouds on the main panel behind to carry the theme through.

Here is a close up of the fussy cutting!  Pretty time consuming, but well worth it for the effect.  I have used markers and a blender pen to add colour to the sails.

I also made my own Life Saver out of small circle punches and adhered thread behind to simulate the ropes that would normally go around the outside.  It is really hard to see, but I also stamped "En Francais" on the Baja Breeze base card, in versamark, and then sponged Baja Breeze around the outside of the card.  I hope you like the manly slant I took on this card.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with this week and have a go yourself!

21 comments:

  1. What a great idea Paula! Love the clouds and waves, fab-o fussy cutting (didn't know it was called that), and cute life ring. All beautifully done, as always. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible card. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...this is gorgeous! Your sponging is (as always) super! As I prepare to "man up" my month, this one will be hard to top! Thanks for sharing! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula I just love how you have done a 'man up' of your card this week. It will give others a different take on what at first glance could be seen as a feminine sketch. Your fussy cutting is great. Looking forward to meeting you in person next week at Convention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous and clever! I love this design!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. Love the effect of the clouds. Just a great male card.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!!! Great job fussy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, and fantastic fussy cutting, just finishes it off perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula! This is outstanding! I adore your life ring, and the whole thing is perfect! What an amazing card... but of course, we expect no less. :-) See ya Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh like wow, absolutely fantastic, even when I had a quick glance it looked fantastic, but that it just amazing, love the life saver and your sponging is fantastic. Ok I know yes your card is FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It's an amazing piece of cutting, sponging and design. Just like you to do something with a stamp that is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cutting out would have taken quite a while I'm sure but it was worth it. The boat looks fantastic. Love your life ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Bron..outstanding card and I like your life ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your clouds and waves look fabulous Paula and I think your life saver is just super cute and the perfect touch to finish the sketch!
    See you soon :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an absolute work of art and a labour of love. Your fussy cutting, clouds and life saver make this card extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the masculine take on the sketch Paula, well done! you have done a beautiful job on the clouds...very realistic. Looking forward to meeting you in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing Paula!! Love everything about it especially the life ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that is very cool Paula. especially your wee life preserver

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant Paula! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely amazing! Do you ever make anything UURRGGLLYY???? Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥