Friday, April 22, 2011

JUST ADD - MATESHIP

This weeks challenge at JUST ADD INK is a goodie!!  Just add Mateship.  I had a few ladies over stamping one day.  One of my lovely ladies had this stamp set, so I whipped it from under her nose and borrowed this cute stamp!  Thanks Vicki!!

I really enjoyed colouring this cute outline stamp.  I used my Stampin' Write markers, just perfect for colouring!  I used a blender pen to pick up some of the Baja Breeze colour from my ink pad to colour around the outside of my image to make it stand out more.  I really like the wee sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments too.  I use this a lot on my "friends" type cards.

This is in honour of ANZAC day, when friendships were so important for our troops overseas, and still are.

Anzac Day marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand
forces during the First World War.  The acronym ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, whose soldiers were known as Anzacs. Anzac Day remains one of the most important national occasions of both Australia and New Zealand. This is a rare instance of two sovereign countries not only sharing the same remembrance day, but making reference to both countries in its name.

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Paula, fab colouring! Love the way you inked around the outside of the image, it softens it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image...makes me think of a couple of my very good friends, truly sums up the challenge theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww absolutely gorgeous Paula! Love it! Beautiful colouring in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring and such a cute card. Makes me feel very patriotic reading your blurb about ANZAC Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Paula - love the colours and colouring and the image is indeed perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the colouring, the beautiful colour combo and the paper piercing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike obviously!
    Very cute card Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, what a darling image and you have turned it into a gorgeous creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your friendship card Paula, that image is so cute!I also love the way you have tied the ribbon and the use of the label punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours & colouring Paula! Pretty ribbon treatment too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥