Friday, April 29, 2011

JUST ADD A FLOWER

Over at Just Add Ink this week, the challenge is to just add a flower to your project.  Just in time for Mother's day!!  It is not my design turn this week, but I thought I would show you some of the flowers that I have made in the past.  Flowers are such a lovely embellishment and there are so many ways you can make your own!









These I have made with ribbon - Satin and Organza
These are are quilled.  Made using a very narrow strip of cardstock, one dge punched with a scallop circle punch.  I have also added "dew drops" using Crystal Effects.





 This flower is made by punching full scallop circles.  I have also used the faux suede technique.





And this little Sweetpea, which looks so real, is made by punching the cardstock with the butterfly punch, wetting it, scrunching it, then molding the card to the desired shape.






I hope I have demonstrated just how easy flowers are to create yourself, and that you will have a go and enter your challenge card at Just Add Ink this week.  Don't forget to pop on by to see the gorgeous designs the Team have for you !

7 comments:

  1. Great post, Paula! I just love all of your pretty little flowers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great inspiration for the challenge ... thanks Paula! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...Stunning cards.. I love this first card very much. It looking more attractive.nice color selection.that pink card with pink flower is looking great.Thanks for this great blog.Magento Themes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these flowers Paula, and great to have them all lined up together in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one talented flower maker - need some tips on how you made the organza/satin ones - they look luscious!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration Paula! Love your mix of styles & techniques to create all the beautiful blooms. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥