Saturday, March 19, 2011

PENDANT PARK SYMPATHY

I recently held a Brayer Class and decided to do a couple of Sympathy Cards.  Unfortunately, I have needed a couple recently, and just didn't have any on hand.  I certainly wasn't in the right frame of mind to make any either.  So decided to put my class to good use and have the Ladies make a couple they could put away for just these sad occassions.

I have used the stamp set Pendant Park for this card.  I have had this stamp set for a while and not used it.  Combine Pendant Park and a Brayer and it makes for a relatively quick scenery card.  Pendant Park also comes with a lovely border stamp and I used this as a highlight on the inside of the card.

The colours I chose to use for this card where simple:  Always Artichoke and Marina Mist, with just a hint of Basic Black.  I was careful not to make the colours too somber.  I also chose to put the sentiment on the inside, not the outside.  I wanted the artwork to speak for itself.

I "framed" the card very simply with just one photo corner punch.  If you would like to know how I did this card, the turorial is available for purchase.  Just visit my "Tutorials for Sale" page at the top of this blog for more details.

4 comments:

  1. We must have ESP!! I love your brayering ad how you used that beautiful border stamp. If only we lived in the same country, maybe I could come for a brayer lesson LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute card Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - a very peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your Workshop WOW on brayering today Paula. I really appreciate your brayering even more now that I've seen how you so it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥