Friday, March 11, 2011

JAI #59 - A sketch for you!

This weeks challenge at JUST ADD INK is a sketch!

 The challenge for me was how to make a relatively simple sketch just that little bit more interesting.  So I thought I would try a technique I have seen around but never actually had a go at myself - Mosaic or "Stained Glass".

With Easter coming up and a Craft Fair to prepare for, I thought I would get a start on my Easter Cards, and what better way to use this technique, than by imitating a Church window?  The actual Mosaic panel was really easy to create and I love it.  The challenge for me was how to incorporate all the elements of the sketch.  I am not completely happy with the background, so may have to fiddle with that on the next Mosaic Card I do :-)

To recreate this technique yourself:-
Save all the rubber "bits" from your wood mount stamp sets.  Cut into random peices and adhere in a mosaic pattern to a spare wood block.  You have now created your own "Mosaic" background stamp!
Colour your card stock as you want it, ink your Mosaic background stamp in Versamark and stamp on top of your coloured card stock.  Heat set with clear embossing powder.  Sponge or Brayer a dark colour over the top of your embossed images and gently wipe off the excess with a clean, soft tissue.  Done!!

I hope you will join in this fun challenge and pop on over to the Just Add Ink site to see the wonderful submisions there from the Design Team!!  I also challenge you to try a technique on your entry you haven't done before - dare you!

7 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous Paula and will be snapped up at your craft fair Im sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stained glass technique sure matches the theme of your card. I wonder how many will take up your dare Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea Paula. I will know what to do with all my bits now. Such a cool idea for the emboss resist technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mozaic window was a great idea Paula, and you captured the play of light perfectly - clever you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've kept some bits of rubbah!!! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational. Pity I am not a hoarder ... and so DO NOT have any scraps of rubbah! But ... will keep it in mind for next time I get a new set! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever take on this technique Paula. Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥