Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TWILIGHT LOVE

I have been playing with my Brayer again!  I love Silhouette cards and haven't made one for awhile.  Actually I haven't made a card "just because" I can for quite sometime, so made a concerted effort to make a couple yesterday.  This is the first:

I have used only two colours for this card, Not Quite Navy and Pink Pirouette.  I have masked off the "Moon" before applying my colour, and then stamp in Not Quite Navy for a bold foreground image.  I have also opted for just a hint of bling in the stars, using Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous Rhinestones.

I then carried the same colours and partial image through to the card inner, only this time I sponged the colour along the bottom instead of using the brayer.  This card took me less than 30 minutes to do - yes it was that quick!!  If you would like to learn how to make this particular card, then book a class!  I will come and teach you how in the comfort of your own home, if you live in the Wellington area, of course!!

13 comments:

  1. This is stunning - I would never have thought to team Not Quite Navy with Pink Pirouette! The brayering just finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I MUST break my brayer out of captivity and ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! You're on a roll, clever girl. Signature 'Paula Dobson'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Paula. I love your brayering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A spectacular card Paula, I love what you do with the brayer. I must admit that I got mine out recently too but you will have to wait for a couple of weeks to see the results as it is a DT entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Paula! I have yet to try my hand at brayering, I've seen some amazing examples online recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another goodie Paula - LOVE the effect of the two colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Paula! It's amazing how much graduation you have achieved in the colours, which look beautiful together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, Paula - perfect for just about an occasion - peaceful, beautiful, thoughtful...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥