Sunday, February 20, 2011

KEEP IT SIMPLE - Stupid!

Everyone likes to receive a KISS.  This is my version!!  I have a tendancy to design cards that aren't suitable for beginners.  We all have to start somewhere and I need to remind myself of this.

This wee card is so pretty, but very easy to create.  I am relying on the mats to give it the WOW factor.  To recreate this card you will need cardstock in Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and Whisper White,  Early Espresso Ink, Marker, White Gel Pen and Snail adhesive.  You can change the stamps used to anything you like, but I have used the SAB set Sweet Summer and Teeny Tiny Sentiments.  Thats it!!  Sweet Summer is a line art stamp set, so I have used my marker to colour in the image to make it solid.

I have also used the image again for the inside of the card.  Who needs Hallmark when you can create your own cards at a fracton of the price?!! Not to mention the fun you will have making them.

Perhaps you are new to this craft and would like some help to get started?  Then why not give ME a call?  I can show you how to get started, what products you will need initially and even run a class with step by step instructions for you and your friends, if you live in the greater Wellington area.  Consider me you mobile Paper Crafting Shop!!

15 comments:

  1. Simple beautiful Paula.
    I struggle with KISS cards also.
    I like your line about been 'Consider me you mobile Paper Crafting Shop!!' I might case that for my next newsletter if thats ok with you Paula.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as usual and you are right simple is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula it seems strange saying WOW to a sympathy card, but WOW I really think this card is stunning in its simplicity and you are right in saying the mats give it the WOW factor. I am going to have to CASE this one as I have need of a couple of sympathy cards at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple but very elegant card. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of your card Paula. Very eye catching and CASEable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The framing really pops. Love it!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous card Paula! Thanks for the reminder to keep it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this... so beautifully designed. And I like that a beginner can make this and have a stunning card made straight off the bat - great for confidence levels! I think I'm going to CASE this one too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Paula! I'll have to add this to my case file too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sensational, Paula! Have already added to my CASE file. I am really wanting to do more KISS cards! Thanks for the reminded ... Less is More! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These a super card. I love you creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we get so carried away sometimes with wowing the socks off people we forget how beautiful simple is. Here you have shown us a wow card in pure simplicity. TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card. You always use your stamps in such clever ways! This image looks amazing as a silhouette Paula. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥