Friday, January 28, 2011

JUST ADD A BURST OF COLOUR!

Well, we Just Add Ink designers were set a real challenge this week!!  Just add......A burst of colour!!  A broad description of the challenge and anything goes!  You can use the picture as inspiration, the colours, or simply (as I did), what a burst of colour means to YOU!  Here is the inspirational picture to guide you!

I opted to use the flower as a starting point and dug out my "Because I care" stamp set.  I love the Hydrangea image!  I also wanted "bright", so chose Pumkpin Pie as my main colour.

I used the flower to stamp the background of my card base in Choclate Chip.  I then stamped the same flower on Whisper White for my focal image and embossed it too.  This makes colouring so much easier, especially if colouring is just not your thing and you don't have a steady hand!  I coloured the main image using my blender pens and simply picked up the colour from my ink pad lid to apply.

I love the big fat ribbon!!  Even though this ribbon is so wide, it is also so soft, making bow tying a breeze!

I have carried part of the flower image to the inside of my card as well and added a sentiment here, rather than on the front of the card.  I think there was enough going on there with out adding a sentiment too, lol

I have also entered another challenge with this card, Pals Paper Arts - PPA78 Element of Style - BOWS! I haven't entered other challenges for quite some time, so was really excited to see this one!  Go check it out and enter too :-)

Be sure to check out the other designers work when you pay JAI a visit this week.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card!!!!! Great job! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula I love how you have used the flower head to stamp a background on your card base. I too love this wide ribbon and the pumpkin pie one is such a bright cheery one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp - must get it...and I love how you used the same stamp as the background. Beautiful card Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and a lovely choice of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - I love how you colored the hydrangea and stamped the inside of the card as well. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Nice background look by stamping your flower in brown on the pumpkin pie. Your bow ... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply scrummy, Paula! That bow is delicious ... and the colours are wonderful! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula this is gorgeous. That bow!!! Great colouring and love your 'background'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colouring and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've seen anybody use that gorgeous stamp as well as you!! Stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks gorgeous Paula! The flower makes a wonderful background and the bow is the perfect complement to the flower!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being a Pals Paper Arts Artist Pick for PPA78!! Well deserved! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula this IS stunning. I LOVE how you used the stamp to create your background card front. I might have to use that idea next... stunning. The colors are gorgeous and congratulation on the win at PPA. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your PPA Pick! This card was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Love the blog colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥