Monday, January 17, 2011

CLUTCH PURSE & CARD

At Ustamp with Dawn and Friends, you get over 40 projects to download and receate at your own leisure.  If you are like me, you also like to recreate them and post them on the Ustamp Gallery for others to enjoy. 

This is my take on a project made by Danielle Daws.  You can see Danielle's desgin HERE.  I chose Pretty in Pink and Elegant Eggplant to do my project.  This was a relatively simple project to put together and is a great way to package that perfect Birthday Gift for someone special.

The Clutch Purse is made out of one 12x12 peice of Designer paper - no cutting involved at all!  I ran the Pretty in Pink flap for the top of the bag through my Bigshot using the Dots embossing folder and added a matching ribbon to close my Clutch bag.  I then added the wee tag, which I have water coloured, using an Aqua Painter.

I have then teamed up my purse with a matching card and envelope.  The card is made using the Spotlight technique.  I don't use this often enough!  It is a great way to add interest to a large stamp, because you only have to colour a portion of it and then layer on top of the black and white image.  I really like the effect!

Have you joined Ustamp for a round of inspiration and fun yet?  No?  Then why not join "Oh My Word" and see what you think.  The next round begins in Mid February and it is not too late to join in.  Simply click on the "Oh My Word" button on the right of this post to register!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty gift set. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, hunny! Just wish I could keep up with the projects ... but I did have fun playing with this one! Hugs ccaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply adore this project! I, too, love the spotlight technique. Your watercoloring is divine! Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Paula (& Danielle)! Your spotlighting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥