Saturday, January 8, 2011

BUTTERFLY WISHES - Stamping on Multiple Layers

I never have enough Birthday cards on hand to send to friends celebrating their special days.  You would like to think I would be more organised than that, eh?!!  One of my resolutions this year is to make sure I don't miss any of my friends Birthdays, but this one will be belated by the time it arrives!

I am not normally a "pink" girl, but thought I try and make a really feminine "PINK" card this time!  I also wanted to try a technique out - stamping on multiple layers, in this case, three! It really is quite simple, just adhere your layers, then stamp!  The only thing is, you will end up with parts of the image missing!  This is where are Stampin' Up! Markers come in handy!  The same ink is used in the markers that is used to create our ink pads, so of course, you will have a perfect colour match.  Simply "colour in" the parts of the image that have not transfered on to your card stock.  You can't tell the difference between the stamped part and the hand drawn part - MAGIC!  While you can buy the SU Markers in colour families at $66.50, you can also buy them seperately too at only $6.95.  So whether you want many or a few, I can help you!  Just drop me a line if you would like to place an order and try this technique today!

15 comments:

  1. looks yummy Paula- i love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another SPECTACULAR card using Just Believe! This set was made for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine! You do 'pink' very well - that sponging is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, that card is AMAZING! WOW, that's a birthday gift in itself! I'm going to try that this weekend; thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply a gorgeous card, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula, this is GORJUS! Love it, love it, love it! Will be CASEing that one for sure some time soon - thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula this is an absolutely beautiful card, I might have to case this one as I have someone in mind who just loves butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Paula! Love the depth of colour in your sponging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this lovely card. I especially like the tip on filling in the gaps using markers when stamping on multiple layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* You make this look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done. Must try that tip next time I find that the stamp has missed a spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shame on me ... I missed this one! Love the layer stamping! Fab result ... and pretty colours, Paula! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥