Sunday, December 5, 2010

JAI SWAP HOP

Now for something a wee bit different!  I recently participated in a swap with the Just Add Ink Design Team.  Using new product from the recently released Stamp' Up! 2010-2011 Catalogue, it is a great way to get samples of Stamps, colours and Designer Papers that you perhaps don't have yourself.  It is also a great way to get gorgeous samples from such talented Artists to dress up my display board!

There are 14 stops on our Swap Hop, which are set in a loop so it doesn't matter where you start!  All you need to do to follow along is click the Swap Hop button at the end of each post and you will be taken to the next stop.  The great part is, you can do this Hop as many times as you want!

I decided to do a little 3D item and came up with this wee jotter pad.  The bird from the set "Every Moment" really lends itself well to water colouring, which I have done using Ink Pads, SU water colour paper and an Aqua Painter.  I have run the backing mat through the Bigshot Polka Dot embossing folder and added a bit of twine for interest.  To break up the harsh lines of the cover I have torn one corner of the main image.  I hope you have felt inspired to cover your own jotters - they really do make great little gifts.

Now go and enjoy the rest of the Design Team swaps and be sure to leave some comment love on your way around!  Click on the button below to visit the very talented Mae Collins next!  Thanks for stopping by!



Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Paula your watercolouring is to die for. Please come teach me....watercolouring and I...well lets just say we arent friends. Your creation was super cute LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - and your watercolouring is superb! The jotters do make great gifts. I love your twine accent too. Thank you Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Paula. I love your watercolouring too, you little artist! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift Paula! Your watercolouring is gorgeous & the torn corners are a perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula that is Stunning, great watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, and sitting on my desk for beautiful inspiration. I love your water colouring and the earthy colours you've teamed together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so lovely to receive your little note pad Paula.

    Your water colouring of the birdie is so pretty - those colours are very striking. Love that little knot of twine too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea! That little twine knot is very cute - I might have to case that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great idea and I can always use another note pad or two! I loved the colours and especially that little touch of twine! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love your watercoloring and the "bite" out of the corner. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. The added detail with the torn edges just finishes ur project so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colouring as always is sublime. I love the finish the torn edges gives to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't get over the intricate, careful watercolouring on the sample one I received. This SWAP was a hit at the last party I did. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally loved your swap Paula and its proudly up on my display board. I loved the little knot too it just was different and was the perfect touch. Ive had lots of comments on your swap..you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful watercolouring, Paula, and I love the way you've used the string. Super-cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's great! Love the watercolouring. Makes me want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Firstly can I just say that I love that term 'wee jotter pad'! lol It was such a gorgeous project Paula and your colouring was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your colouring was exquisite - it took my breathe away - I'm not joking! I can't believe you sent the notepads all the way from NZ - thanks. Awesome idea done beautifully.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paula, your watercolouring is just divine. I wish I could do 3D, but I can't, so I love it when I get them given to me :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry … I haven’t popped by for a few days … but you know how life can be! This is so sweet ... and will make a lovely gift for someone special! You are such a lucky girl ... to share this hop with so many special and talented friends. Can't wait to "hop"! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Back again! Took me all day to do the hop ... 'cos I had to take my dad to the hospital today ... but I finally got here! What a super fun hop with heaps of fab ideas! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous watercolouring, Paula - I really enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥