Friday, December 10, 2010

JAI #47 COLOUR CHALLENGE

I know why these are called colour challenges!  This weeks Just Add Ink challenge was another that had me stumped!  Take a look:

Tempting Turqouise is not a colour I have in my range of stock!  I had to borrow a scrap off a crafty friend to get this one done!  And how to use it with the other colours?!  The first thing that sprang to mind was flowers.  Okay, a good start, but what kind and what else can I do?  The flowers were an idea I have seen around the net and a slightly different version to some I had already done, here

This time instead of a plain circle of cardstock, I used the scallop circle punch, to create the "petals" for each rose.  I then punched a smalller circle from the middle of the scallop circle, sniped, and then rolled it up tightly.  I stuck them to my card front with a glue dot to hold them nice and secure.  I have also added Crystal Effects dew drops to each flower.  I layered the posy on Whisper White card stock, which I brayered in Basic Gray first, to get the graduated colour.  Once it all came together, I have inserted an extra large Post-it-note pad to make a great little pad for someone to use.

Dont' the dew drops look great?  Such an easy way to add that little bit of WOW to a project.

I think the design team have pulled out all the stops this week.  Pop over to the Design Team gallery to take a look at all the gorgeous ideas for your to take inspiration from!  I hope you will join in the fun too!

10 comments:

  1. oh my - this is just gorgeous! love it sooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the rose with the dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dew drops Paula..I havent been game to try these flowers yet..you make it look easy though! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers!!! Those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Love that brayered background! The flowers are so sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers look great and I really like how you have brayered to give that graduated colour on the base of your card, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the effect the crystal drops have on it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, can't tell you struggled with the colour challenge at all! I love making those little scallop flowers, yours are lovely Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is one tricky colour combo! But ... you did a great job, Paula! Love those dew drops! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula those flowers look just gorgeous - your dew drops are the icing on the cake! Love your graduated grey background too - very effective!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥