Sunday, December 12, 2010

COME FLY WITH ME

I am asolutely loving the new Summer Mini catalogue!  There are so many wonderful new products to tempt and inspire you.  I was certainly excited to see some fantastic new designer papers and sets that are perfect for those manly cards.  There are also great sets just perfect for scrapbooking too.  I have done another 6x6 scrapbook page using the new set "Sentimental Journey".  This set was just perfect for the page I had in mind.  We took a family holiday a few years ago to Sydney and my daughter got to hand out the lollies on the flight home.  She was really excited about this, because she was given a big bag of boiled lollies to take home as a "thank you".  I have been holding off putting this photo in an album, because I really wanted to highlight it somehow.

I have to say, this page turned out just as I had pictured it!  This was such a special photo and I really wanted to do it justice.  My daughter was thrilled she got to be a member of the Cabin crew, if only for an hour or so! For the first time, I am delighted to have done a scrap page that I actually love!!

Stamp: Sentimental Journey
Cardstock: Textured Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede
Designer Paper: Travel Journal
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Brads, Dimensionals, Ribbon, Marker Pen for journaling

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Go Paula! You are such a good scrap booker. Love that page, and so good that you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Paula! Great layout, great colours! What a lovely memory for your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Paula! Love the ribbon trim off the side. Ive ordered this stamp set now..you enabler you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the days of handing out lollies on a flight. My sister and I used to travel from North to South Island every school hols unaccompanied and we always got special treatment and a huge bag of boiled lollies to take home. I miss those lollies...they don't do that anymore.

    Love your page, and thanks for the little trip down memory lane :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula what a great page.
    I love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Paula, those colours are great, love the suitcase and compass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't sure about this stamp set and DSP but the more that I see it the more that I like it. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous photo & page Paula! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥