Thursday, December 16, 2010

BIRTHDAY CASE'D

It's my nephew's Birthday next week and I needed ideas for his card - so I have totally CASE'd this from the very talented Jayne Mercer and just put my own spin on it!  I needed something for an adult male but I knew I could still use the concept of her fantastic card.  You can see Jayne's card HERE, just scroll down to the 13/09/10 entry.

I love the combination of Blues and Browns for a guy.  For some reason it just says "Manly" to me!  I decided to make this card into a gift voucher at the same time and adapted the inide of the card to hold it.  You can simply slide the voucher out, write your greeting and then slide it back in! 

I even pulled out my sponges again to add colour around the edges and subtle shadows on the flags.

The finished card!  I love how this has turned out.  Hope you do too :-)  Thanks Jayne for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Paula. Love the colours too. Think I might have to get the Grunge stamp set too after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love this Paula, and I'm sure your nephew will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome! Perfectly masculine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok ... now I love this one soooooooo much ... that I might just have to mount that stamp set that is sitting unmounted (since Convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I just wasn't convinced I would use it ... but this is absolutely stunning! Seriously! Love it! Hugs xxaxx
    PS I know it is silly to apologise ... because everyone knows how manic this time of year is ... but I'm sorry that I have been MIA lately! I haven't forgotten you! :) Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥