Monday, November 8, 2010

JUST BELIEVE SYMPATHY

After losing my creativity for a while there, I finally found it again when I turned out this card.  I was just playing around again with my brayer and had reieved my latest order with the "Just Believe" stamp set in it.  Nothing like a new set to get the creative juices flowing again, right?  I pulled out my brayer for this card again.  I am starting to feel more confident with it now.  I brayered the night sky in varying hues of blue and sponged the bottom of the card in varying greens.  I then stamped the silhouette image right over the top.  I love the new satin ribbons in the catalogue because they coordinate so well with the ink and card stock colours.  They are also beautiful to work with and make bow tying really easy!

Can you see the star in the sky?  Looks a little loney, I know.  But when we lose someone we love, thats exactly how we feel and thats what I wanted to represent.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white and finished with a trim on the black mat using the new Scallop Trim Border Punch.

Stamps:  Just Believe, Occassional Ouotes
Card:  Basic Black, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Inks:  Basic Black, Always Atrichoke, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy
Accessories: Satin Ribbon, Embossing Tools, Scallop Trim Border Punch, adhesives, sponges, brayer

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Paula! The lone star is perfect & I love the way you have run the ribbon just partly under your image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, this is such a breathtaking card! It's so beautiful... the colour blending is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, elegant and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Paula! The colours you've used are stunning. I agree, the satin ribbons do make bow tying so easy. Is that a hint of En Francais in the background too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Paula. You've obviously put a lot of your heart into this one. I love the thoughts behind the lone star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you found a brayer - looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wow Wow! Love that tiny shining star ... the perfect finish to a perfect card. So glad to hear your mojo is back ... and judging by this card ... it surely is! :D I am such a fan of the satin ribbon ... and hoping to add to my collection asap! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a beautiful card Paula, and I think the one single star is a perfect touch. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing Paula. The colours are beautiful, love that single star!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥