Friday, November 12, 2010

JUST ADD CHRISTMAS

Looking for ideas for your Christmas cards and gift wrapping ideas?  Well look no further.  This weeks Just Add Ink challenge is to add Christmas!  The girls have come up with some beautiful designs to help you get sorted, so be sure to go have a look at the Design Team entries and those of the participants!

I know we don't get snow here in New Zealand for Christmas, although the weather is so crazy at the moment, you just never say never!  I see snow scenes and think of Christmas anyway, so ran with that in mind when I made this card.  It was also a great excuse to pull out my Brayer again!

I have masked the bottom of the card to create the snowy hill and the moon, then brayered over the whole card front in Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy to create the sky.  With the addition of a couple of stamps, making scenes like this is quick and easy.  I have also added Dazzling Diamonds along the ridge of the hill to create sparkle on the snow.  I decided to let the artwork speak for itself and not add a sentiment for a change.  I don't think it needs one for you to work out what kind of card this is, do you?!!

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Paula Love your brayering ..will have to hand you the brayer queen title I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene Paula - love the wisp of breeze in the air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You master the brayer so fabulously! This is such a stunning Christmas card Paula!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Paula and I think Dasher so suits cards created in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Paula (sigh), love the whole card but especially that swirl in the sky, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work from the Brayer Queen! I love this beautiful, serene scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful.
    I love the dazzling diamonds on your card and the swirl adds just the right touch.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Paula - you've created a magical winter scene.I think my favourite touch is that swirl in the sky!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card Paula. Love the brayered sky, and the bling. Feels like it could snow any minute now (completely aside from the fact that its about 28 here in Canberra today of course ;-).

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooooo beautiful. Such a peaceful scene! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is soooo stunning!! Love the background and the white swirl is brillant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥