Friday, November 26, 2010

JAI #45 SKETCH CHALLANGE

Are you up for a sketch challange this week?  Then pop on over to Just Add Ink and submit your entry using this sketch:

My entry this week is something quite different for me.  I usually use a lot of colour and this week I decided to go for tone on tone, and Earth tones at that!  Lots of browns, golds and a "Dasher" of Vanilla!  Being that time of the year, I am still in Christmas card making mode too, so you are stuck with another one, lol

I have had Dasher in my stamp collection for a while, and just haven't had much time to play with him.  In fact, a friend of mine used him before I did!  How sad is that?!  Maybe I have too many stamps - NAH!

I have chosen Soft Suede as my feature colour and combined it with gold embossing.  Both the greeting and Dashers antlers have been embossed, although that is really tricky to photograph to good effect.  I have destressed the egdges of the outer most layer of card stock and sponged slightly to darken.  The background was stamped with En Francais.  On the inside, I have lined with Very Vanilla and stamped just the antlers across the bottom of the insert.

I hope I have inspired you to submit an entry yourself!  If this doesn't rock your boat then you really must go and see what the rest of the amazing Design Team have come up with this week.  Gorgeous work as usual Girls!

15 comments:

  1. Well this rocks my boat ..its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby, that rocks my boat all right! Gorgeous card, Paula. Soft suede looks so good with the gold embossing. And I love the En Francais behind it, too - isn't that such a cool background stamp? I'm so glad you're on the JAI DT, 'cos you'd be getting Top 5 picks every week otherwise!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, that is another awesome card and the earth tones worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the earthy colours you have used on this Dasher card, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Paula. I love the gold teamed with Soft Suede; it looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Paula, the whole card came together beautifully. I must be the only person not really 'into' Dasher - love how you've done his antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping to get one in ... but need to catch up after being away. This is lovely Paula! And ... the embossing does show up nicely! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe it rocks my boat! LOVE the colour/s....so deluxe! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very 'dashing' ;) I love the earthy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved it at first sight Paula! Very rich and elegant! I have yet to ink my Dasher up and can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love the colour combo of the gold and soft suede and the layering- will have to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paula!

    Just love your card - its so rich and elegant and perfect for Christmas!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...This card is simply gorgeous Paula! I would CASE it in a flash...if I had Dasher..might have dig aorund and see if I can come up with an alternate image.

    Thank you for the inspiration!
    :-)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Back again ... just popped in to see if you had posted today ... and had to add another comment. (I was in a bit of a hurry last night ... trying to catch up after being away.) I have to add ... love the background effect here with the gorgeous "En Francais" and the sponged edging! Enjoyed noticing the extra detail in the afternoon light! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this! The background is stunning! Unusual choice of colour, but isn't it always the way that it turns out amazing?? Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥