Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGY?

How about something a little different from me?  A Scrapbook page!!  Yes, I know - I don't normally do them and I certainly don't class myself as a scrapbooker.  I recently did a workshop for a lady that would like to learn, so I figured we could learn together!  It was a challenge, I must say!  But I am pleased with this little 6"x6" layout.

I don't own a Dog, but love some of the images you can find, so CASED one off the net.  I have a wonderful friend in Delys Cram, whose scrapbook pages are so beautiful!  She has taught me the technique of rolling the edges of your card stock, which I used here on the Crumb Cake piece.  She also taught me not to fill the entire page, that having space is a good thing!  When demoing a scrapbook page, she also recommends putting a photo in, so guests can see how the finished peice might look once they add their own photo.  I don't know how to use DSP to great effect, so I used both textured and smooth card stock on this peice instead.  I have popped the photo on with dimensionals, so there is a space behind the image to add a journaling tag, if you want one.  We used the Soft Holly wheel to roll the backgrounds, and the new Mistletoe Ribbon, which is FREE when you place an order for the Christmas Bundles, see the top of my post for the special.  You can order these until the end of the month, so place an order with me before it is too late!

6 comments:

  1. Fabbo page! Such a cute image and I love that you've left a fair bit of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doggy is PRICELESS! As is your page - way to go, you little scrapbooker you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I order the bundle thru you do I get the dog?? lol very cute page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours are wonderful, your use (and un-use) of space looks really effective and I LOVE the little puppy! Beautiful work, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have fooled me! This looks like you are an expert! Love all the little details ... and that doggie is so dog-gone (how do you spell that!?) cute!!! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥