Monday, November 15, 2010

BE INSPIRED

I surf the net just about every day for ideas and inspiration, especially when my creativity has up and left me.  Thankfully, I still have it at the moment, but that wasn't the case not so long ago.  I see so many wonderful artists out there, that I can't help but have a go at one or two projects that they may have done themselves.  This card was insired by Danielle Daws, and while not a direct CASE of her work, I love the simpicity and layouts she favours.  You can see some of her gorgeous work HERE.

It may look a simple card, but uses not only stamps, but ribbon and Designer Paper too, which I just don't use enough of!  It is good for me to get back to basics when I feel a little frazzled.  I am really pleased with how this simple card turned out.  Thanks for the inspiration, as always, Danielle!!

6 comments:

  1. very cool card Paula! my fav ribbon and DSP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous Paula! Love that ribbon over the Newsprint dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The black and kraft are very striking. Gorgeous bow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Paula!! You always produce such fabulous cards, so it's thrilling to know that you were inspired by little me!! :-) Love this card too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very striking card Paula!! LOVE the ribbon and DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about Danielle's work. I love checking it out, too! I can see her influence here ... and love the final result! I have lost my mojo today ... and totally lost my ability to use DSP. Perhaps I need to go back to simple again ... and remember to "KISS". Very elegant & tasteful, Paula! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥