Saturday, November 6, 2010

ADD ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

I recently submitted a design for the Just Add Ink challenge - Add Birthday!  I was really happy with my design, but I always seem to make cards for women and forget the guys!!  So I decided to sit down and ink up a set I have had for ages and hardly used - Just Cricket.  Not normally a set I would get excited about, even though I love the game itself and could watch it for hours.  It has been sitting on my shelf getting dusty, cause I just didn't know what to do with it.  So, I came up with this little guy............

I have cut each image and popped them on dimensionals to give it a real 3d feel.  The "grass" is a bit of a cheat really.  I have taken a stamp from "Just Believe" and using my markers, just inked up the bottom 3rd of the stamp, omitting the flowers that were on there.  I have scored a "frame" on the Whisper White card stock, although it is hard to see in this picture and also distressed the edges before layering on a Not Quite Navy card base.

11 comments:

  1. Love this card for a guy. The individual pieces stand out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card Paula. Clever you for cheating with the "grass". The scored border is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok ... this is a total inspiration piece, Paula! How freaky ... I had this set in my hand just this week ... when I was trying to think of something for my nephew. I ended up going with "just surfing" cos I couldn't think of a new way to use this one! But ... I am so gonna need to CASE this one! Hey ... Paula! Something we have in common!!! I LOVE WATCHING THE CRICKET TOO!!! Love that summer is here ... cos that means it is cricket season. But ... I guess we might barrack for different teams!!! Australia isn't doing too well at the mo! We are in a bit of a slump! I just hope the Poms don't beat us for the Ashes! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey, beautiful! I might have to get this set now! Love your card - awesome, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ... goodness! How fabulous is this?!?! I love the grass and the paper piecing - such an awesome card. Love it!! And don't get me started on your colouring - divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fabulous card Paula I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card!! A real treat for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - not a set I would usually consider...but may have to change my mind now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Paula. The grass is not cheating it's being clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I'm not a huge fan of cricket, I've got to say I LOVE this card! I love the paper piecing, your colouring and what a great idea for the grass. I never would have thought to do that *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥