Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ORANGE CHRISTMAS ANYONE?

Who said you had to stick to Red and Green for Christmas?  Not me!  I thought I would try out very untraditional colours on this card by using Brown and Orange!  I quite like how vbrant it turned out.  I also pulled out my brayer for this wee baby.  Michelle Zindorf has always inspired me and I would love to be as profficient with a brayer as she is.  You NEED to go check out her work.  The woman is a true artist.  For a long time though, I was too scared to learn how to use this wonderful tool and took up Sponging instead.  Don't get me wrong, this turned out to be a GOOD thing, as I found something I was good at and really loved to do.  However, we have to push ourselves to try new techniques, and I must say it is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be!

I have used a brayer to get the graduation of colour you see in the sky.  Masking has helped me define the snow, add the trees so they appear in the distance, and given me "white space" to stamp my image of the reindeer.  I have also used my Colour Spritzer tool to add a bit of interest to the front panel.

If you would like to learn how to use a brayer to good effect, email ME and book a class.  I would love to show you how!

12 comments:

  1. I love the colours on this card Paula, what a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Paula! You are just as clever with a brayer as what you are with your sponges! Beautiful design & I love that luscious chocolate bow & the glittering snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, and amazing colours, looks fantastic, and your brayering is perfect Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I LOVE orange Christmas! That card is stunning, Paula - YOU'RE BACK!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the brown Paula. It's such a versatile colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, wow and wow! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! Give yourself a pat on the back for trying out the brayering! I am like you ... dabbled a little ... but not super confident. Wouldn't it be great to go to the US and do one of Michelle's classes! This is very professional looking, Paula! What a great job! I do feel a CASE coming on! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. super duper girl!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love this one! The colours are great and awesome brayering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love you to show me how to master the brayer. Michelle (and you) make it look so easy. This is stunning Paula - love the non traditional colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW PAULA!! Stunning card and amazing brayering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could use a brayer the way you do! Amazing card, as always Paula! I love the colours you've gone with - definitely no need to be traditional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥