Monday, October 25, 2010

MY FIRST LOVE

will always be sponging!  I haven't had much chance recently to break them out again, so I made a concerted effort to use them on his wee Christmas Card.  I love the control I have when applying colour to my card stock.  I can really blend colours nicely with sponges.  The brayer works wonderfully too, but I find I don't have as much control.  perhaps becuase I am not so proficient with it yet, lol?

I have used a new set of stamps for this card called "Welcome Christmas".  As you know, my loyal followers, I really love silhouette images.  Instead of using black (like I normally do) for the silhouette, I chose to use Night of Navy instead.  With the sunrise colours, it doesn't look quite so harsh.  I have kept this simple again by opting not to use any embellishments too.  Again, non traditional colours, but what the heck, I love the way this turned out!

Check back in the next couple of days to see the gorgeous RAK's I have been lucky enough to receive over the past few weeks from fellow domenstrators and friends.  I can't wait to share them with you!  Just got to find my camera now......................

14 comments:

  1. STUNNING, your sponging is perfect.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Paula - I love it. So good to see more ways to use that beautiful silhouette stamp. And so good to see you sponging more beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This is gorgeous. I should get off the computer and go and see if my Welcome Christmas Bundle has arrived today! The sponging is certainly a more controlled way to go. Will have to give it a try with this set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft colours used for the sky, and the Not Quite Navy makes it more realistic- perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Paula. you would think these two stamps came togther. love the trees hidden behind the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah - I love this! This is a great set and I made a similar card last week but it's much nicer in the colours you chose =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy as always. The night of navy makes it seem so much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Paula! very pretty colours and image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Paula, it is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are the queen of sponging aren't you. It's a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet, simple ... and very pretty! You convinced me to get this set ... yep! ... it arrived late last week and I got to play with it at our pretend "Incentive Trip" on the weekend. Will blog some of those soon! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything about this card is stunning Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is perfect in every way Paula. A real stunner! I am sitting here gazing at that beautiful sky in awe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥