Sunday, October 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI!

My very good friend and fellow demonstrator Diane Taylor celebrated a Birthday recently and thought she could let it slip by without telling me!  Thank goodness I am a card maker, and have a stash of cards ready to send at a moments notice!  (I have also put the date in my Diary for next year!)

I have been playing around with the level 1 Hostess set "Birthday Bakery" recently and while the design is really simple, I really liked this little card and thought she would too!

Pinks and Browns together, I think, are really feminine, and was quite pleased the with the end result.  I used Lots of Tags die to create the tag and the new beautiful Satin ribbon in Early Espresso for this card.  Love both of these new additions to my stash!  If you have a look at my previous Birthday Bakery card, you will see I have used the exact same colours in the artwork!  I coloured both images at the same time!  It never fails to amaze me how the same piece can look so different just by changing the colours and using a few more (or less) embellishments on the card!  Hope you like this as much as Diane did!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!

4 comments:

  1. THis too is simple but effective, I may have to case this one from you Paula, its terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Diane! Beautiful card, Paula - I love it. Please give Di a hug for me when you WOW her with that masterpiece. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinks and chocolates together too - and this is the perfect combination for that image - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous combo, Paula! I haven't got this set yet ... but I will just be content drooling over your creations! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥