Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WHOOOOO LOVES YA, BABY?

My good friend Diane Taylor has been kind enough to lend me some of her goodies to play with.  I hope she doesn't need them in a hurry, as I have half her craft room at my house, lol!!  One of the sets I lent is called "Forest Friends".  It is not a stamp set I would normally play with, but I needed a sample, so off I went.  This is the card I came up with:

I am really pleased with how this turned out!  Believe it or not, I actually brayered this card background, not a sponge in sight!  I have always been a bit scared to try the brayer, but now?  What a handy tool to have in your arsenal.  You can apply colour so quickly to a plain bakground and the colours are just so vibrant.  I can see I am going to be pulling out my brayer a lot more now!

10 comments:

  1. A big Whoot Whoot to you!! This card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Paula! Good on you for being so brave with the brayer - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Paula, the owl looks so cute silhoutted (sp?) by the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brayering is PERFECT! You're my hero!!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to learn how to use the brayer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever girl, Paula! Love the brayering ... and ... so need to CASE this one! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. see it wasnt hard after all! You did a great job with this one Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brayering is as beautiful as your sponging Paula! Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥